Thursday 24 March 2011

Thai Chicken and Rice Stir-Fry

Shop bought stir-fry sauce is a good store cupboard ingredient for those times when you need to eat in a hurry, but if you have the right ingredients it's well worth making your own.

Nowadays it's easy to find all the fresh ingredients for a Thai stir-fry sauce in good supermarkets and if you have a food processor it takes only a few minutes to blend them to a paste.  You can also control the heat and spice according to your tastes.

I used 1 red and 1 green chilli (seeds in) so it was quite hot, for something a bit milder use the green chilli only.

Give it a try you will be surprised how easy and delicious it is.

Feeds up to 4 people

For the paste

2" piece of root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 stalks lemongrass, roughly chopped
2 spring onions, trimmed
1 red chilli
1 green chilli
Small bunch of fresh coriander, stalks and leaves, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
Juice and zest of 1 lime
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Blend all the paste ingredients until smooth.

For the stir fry use 1 cup cooked basmati rice, 3 chicken breasts cut into chunks and what ever vegetables you have, cut into strips and slices.  I used red peppers, mushrooms and asparagus. 

Add 1 tbsp rape seed oil to a heated wok and add the paste, cook, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes then add the chicken and stir fry for around 4 minutes, throw in the vegetables and continue to fry until the vegetables are just tender.  Finally stir in 1 cup cooked basmati rice and warm through.  Check the seasoning.

Serve immediately.

3 comments:

  1. I tried this thai chicken and rice stir fry before but that is different recipe. So I will try to cook your own recipe. Keep on sharign!

    Recipe for Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stir fried chicken was my favorite recipe. This another recipe of chicken was new to me. I want to try this because I think it was much more delicious than on my favorite. Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this very delicious recipe. I want to know on how to cook this because this is my favorite vegetable. I will try to add my recipe for stir fry sauce here so that I can make it different.

    ReplyDelete

Seafood Paella

Paella is the taste of Summer for me.  As soon as the sun is out so is the paella pan. I cooked this one on the hob, using two burners but i...