Thursday 2 September 2010

Blueberry Muffins and the best laid plans

Having planned the Blueberry Muffin post and promised the family them for the past two weeks I find my blueberries are still green, so I felt compelled to buy some if only to keep everyone happy.  The good news is. when my blueberries are ready there will be more blueberry treats.


Ingredients

280g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
110g granulated sugar
1 egg
8 fl oz milk
3 fl oz rape seed oil (or vegetable oil)
170g fresh blueberries

Pre-heat the oven to 190C / 375F / gas 5

Sieve the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  In a small bowl, beat the egg then stir in the milk and oil.

Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and gently mix, the mixture should be lumpy but have no  dry flour.  Gently fold in the blueberries.

Transfer the mix into 12 large muffin cases and bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown and spongy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seafood Paella

Paella is the taste of Summer for me.  As soon as the sun is out so is the paella pan. I cooked this one on the hob, using two burners but i...